Mosquito Control in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
From Dugas Pest Control
Introducing the Coastal Mister Control System – Our Solution to a Serious Threat
Ask most southern Louisiana residents “what is the state bird” and just about everyone will jokingly tell you “the mosquito”! But just because mosquitoes are a problem for us locally, that doesn’t mean you have to let them keep you from enjoying the outdoors.
If you are ready to get a handle on your mosquito problem in Baton Rouge, it’s time to call Dugas Pest Control today! Dugas Pest Control is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and our service area includes most of southern Louisiana.
What is the CoastalMister™ System?
The CoastalMister™ System is a highly effective pest control system using advanced misting technology to rid your property of mosquitoes, flies, and gnats and reduce your risk of contact with mosquitoes.
The CoastalMister™ System is one of the most effective and reliable outdoor insect control alternatives for homes and businesses as it directly focuses on the areas where you spend the most time, thus immediately reducing your risk. The natural Pyrethrum insecticide then sets to work to repel mosquitoes, flies, and gnats from the area over a prolonged length of time. It is a simple but effective process – remove the mosquito, remove the threat.
How the CoastalMister™ System Works
- The CoastalMister™ System is super easy to install and is designed to dispense a natural pyrethrum-based insecticide over a determined area through a misting line comprised of tubing, nozzles, and risers.
- The spray duration, frequency, and timing are controlled by an electronic mechanism so the system is completely independent.
- The misting system has four operation modes allowing for total control or total hands-free operation allowing you to remain in control of the process.
- Whenever you feel additional support is needed, the homeowners or client’s facility is completely protected at the push of a button.
The design of each system is reviewed with the homeowner and selection is made of the system and controller that best suits the needs of the job. Coastal Mister’s master unit is usually placed near other outside equipment. Tubing is then run as inconspicuously as possible from the master unit to nozzles located within the designated protection area.
Nozzles installed under eaves and soffits deliver a mist that covers areas adjacent to the house and establishes the inside perimeter of the no fly zone. Nozzles can be installed in trees and other foliage to cover areas away from the house. Nozzles required along a fence line can also be installed as risers and those installed on fences create an outside perimeter for the no fly zone. Where the design of the system requires ground level misting, stationary risers constructed of copper tubing are used.
The timer is set by a trained pest control technician to run at times likely to have the most impact on the mosquito population. Every CoastalMister™ System has remote control capability to allow for indoor activation at times of increased activity to ensure maximum coverage.
CoastalMister™ System Features
The CoastalMister™ System is a truly innovative and reliable insect control system and comes with four operational modes:
- fully automatic
- remote control
- timer function
There is also a wind, motion, and rain sensor to ensure when hospitable mosquito climates arise, Coastal Mister is able to kick into action. The CoastalMister™ System is also custom to your property, and as part of the complete installation service, we adjust it to size and shape of your home. We are proud of our highly effective yet natural Pyrehrum based insecticide.
- Diaphragm pump with 130PSI operating pressure and max flow of 1.5 gpm including internal bypass which automatically adjusts to the number of nozzles (5 to 50 nozzles per pump).
- Brass nozzles with stainless steel inserts, precision orifices (0.015 dia.) and built-in-spring-loaded check valves with viton seats for drip free operation.
- U. V. resistant nylon tees and elbows with push connectors.
- Nylon 11 chemical resistant tubing.
- Inlet strainer: Weighted chrome-plated brass filter screen with built-in check valve to keep fluid in line and pump primed.
- Central unit case: ABS plastic with non-metallic hinges, snap action latches, and gasket sealed moisture resistant guaranteed.
If you require any further technical information, please do not hesitate to contact one of our friendly pest control experts who will be happy to answer any questions you might have. And don’t forget, for mosquito control in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, call Dugas Pest Control today!