Posts Tagged ‘malaria’
We might joke about mosquitoes being the state bird of Louisiana, but if you have a mosquito problem around your home or business it is no laughing matter. Mosquitoes not only annoy us, but also spread potentially serious diseases even here locally in the Baton Rouge / southern Louisiana area.
If you have grown tired of poor results from mosquito control products that are “do it yourself” or purchased from a big box store, we’d like to suggest you take a closer look at the CoastalMister System™. In fact, we even came up with a “Top 10” list of reasons this product beats any you’ve seen before.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider the CoastalMister™ System for Mosquito Control:
- Health: Mosquito-borne diseases like Malaria, Yellow Fever, West Nile Virus, Gengue, and Encephalitis all pose a serious health threat. Protect you and your family against the risk today.
- Safety: Pyrethrum is a natural insecticide extracted from Chrysanthemum flowers; it is EPA registered, and leaves no residue. We are Eco-friendly and safe to the environment.
- Effective: The system kills mosquitoes, flies, and gnats. It works and it works well.
- Comfort: Your family, clients, and workers can once again enjoy the outdoors.
- Adaptability: The system can be designed to fit the needs of the most unique landscapes and outdoor areas.
- Convenience: The system has four operation modes giving you total control or hands-free operation. With four speeds; Automatic, manual, remote control and timer (optional).
- Low Cost: Pyrethrum concentrates are highly diluted and will provide months of protection.
- Guaranteed: Your satisfaction is guaranteed with a one year warranty.
- Experienced technical support: Available for installation and maintenance support.
- Customized: The CoastalMister System™ option gives you the flexibility to choose according to your needs and budget. Our skilled technicians are ready to help you better protect your home or business.
So why not try it today? We provide pest control services for communities in the following parishes: East Baton Rouge, St. Landry, Pointe Coupee, West Feliciana, East Feliciana, West Baton Rouge, St. Helena, Livingston, Ascension, St. James, St. John, St. Charles, Assumption, Iberville, Jefferson, Lafourche and Tangipahoa and hope to serve in neighboring areas soon.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us online or give us a call today to schedule your free inspection and estimate.
While mosquitoes may merely seem like an inconvenience to some outdoorsy types, they are actually a major source of serious diseases worldwide. Here are a few facts you may not know about mosquito-spread illness:
- It is estimated that mosquitoes transmit deadly diseases to more than 70 million people every year!
- Worldwide, malaria is a leading cause of premature mortality, particularly in children under the age of five, with around 5.3 million deaths annually, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
- The viral diseases Yellow Fever and Dengue Fever are transmitted mostly by the Aedesaegypti mosquitoes.
- Other viral diseases such as the Epidemic Polyarthritis, Rift Valley Fever, Ross River Fever, St. Louis Encephalitis, West Nile Virus (WNV), Japanese Encephalitis, La Crosse Encephalitis.
- Several other encephalitis type diseases are carried by several additional types of different mosquitoes too.
Health threats in the United States
Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) and Western Equine Encephalitis (WEE) occur widely within the United States. Together they contribute disease to humans, horses, and even some bird species. Because of the high mortality rate, EEE and WEE are regarded as two of the most serious mosquito-borne diseases in the United States. Symptoms range from mild flu-like illness to Encephalitis, coma and unfortunately, death. West Nile virus was introduced into the United States in 1999. As quickly as 2003 it had spread to almost every state with over 3,000 cases reported in 2006 alone.
Mosquito Control Recommendation
While the facts are considerably downbeat, there are preventative and treatable options available on the market to help eliminate these pests and help curb the spread of diseases – and the one we prefer at Dugas Pest Control is the Coastal Mister system.
CoastalMister™ is an Outdoor Solutions, Inc. product and service dedicated to the prevention and relief of Malaria. With years of expert research and development by experienced scientists, chemists, and tntomologists, Dugas Pest Control is proud to offer the current Version IV to the CoastalMister System™. This system is an automatic, reliable mosquito control alternative with advanced misting light sensor patent-pending Dusk-Dawn technology.
Coastal Mister offers not only the top of the line mosquito control, but also reliable customer support and service.